Thursday, February 12, 2009

Telemarketers

The phone has been ringing quite often lately with the all to common,
"Hello is this Mr. Sommers" Sometimes it recorded, sometimes not.
Tonight's call reminds me that, though many might not know this,
my husband is very funny. Those that know him casually might be surpirzed
by this. He might come off as being a serious type. But the phone call he took tonight
reminds me that he makes me laugh alot. To better understand, please know that my husband and I really don't care about our lawn, the weeds that grow in it, or the general over all keeping up with the Jones lawn thing. We live in the country, and we have better things to do than groom or 2 acre lawn.

Here is how the phone call went,

"Hello, is this Mr Sommers?"
"Yes"
"Well, how are you tonight?"
"Pretty good I guess"
"This is Ever Green Lawn Service calling, I would like to offer our services to you and help you achieve a beautiful lawn"
"I guess we are really not in need of or interested in your services"
"WELL, if you could snap your fingers right now and have your yard just the way you wanted it, what would be the one thing that you would want done?"
"Well, I guess I'd have the whole thing poured over with cement"

No comments: